Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lesson Taught Every Day...Enjoy the Little Things


That's a pineapple on her shirt, and Cindy said, "Hey you have a pineapple on your shirt."
She put her little eyebrows together and said, "No, it's Spongebob's house!"




Shelby gave me this card for Mother's Day that plays "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".
Hallie carries it around like this and sings, sings, sings.



Her new Sunbeam teacher made this for her.
It's a cookie on a stick, stuck in rice-crispie-treats, in the cone.
Such a cute idea.




Grumpy days are normal for me.......my poor kids and hubby. Normally when stressed or tired. But Hallie is always so happy, which rubs off on me. Even the kids agree (they are so great also) that she has a special spirit about her. She is always giggling and smiling. She finds happiness in even the littlest things. My friend Shelby said that with everything she says, she has emotion and expression. We went to dinner one day, Shelby, Hallie, and I; and Shelby pointed out that she even ate her french fries with emotion. It almost seemed like she had a relationship with each one as she ate em. She has us all wrapped around her little finger. She tends to sometimes snuggle with Chad and I and fall asleep with us. Chad doesn't sleep well so he'll tell her "no more". She somehow talks her way into our bed the next night with her sweet little happy cheerful voice and giggles. Chad's NEVER let the kids sleep with us as much as her. I think she was sent to me to remind me that most everything in life is good, and to get over the bad. Anyways, I'm thankful for her spirit in our home and so thankful Heavenly Father gifted me four special spirits. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Hallie is a sweet spirit! And she is so beautiful! I loved watching her dance last night.
Sometimes it is hard to enjoy the little things in life, but thank goodness that Heavenly Father always sends somebody to remind us. You are indeed very lucky to have four beautiful and wonderful children! And a great husband too!

ab5cgang said...

One thing is for sure she is a cutie! I watched you with her today. You can see the love. You all did so well today.

Melissa said...

Sounds like Hallie is a sweet, sweet girl. It's good to have kids with just the spirit and personality we need to get us through the hard days. You have a special little family.

Jaime said...

Such a sweet post Jaycie. Love all the pictures. Your kids sure are cute.