Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Skunk & the Snobby Countess




Brooklyn wanted to try for the Missoula Children's Theatre again. No suprise there, but her chances were pretty slim of getting a part. She was now eight and was going for the bigger parts instead of the kiddy parts. So we weren't holding our breath, but she was practicing the night before saying her name loud and being dramatic. (Her everyday life is dramatic, but when doing this she fights us to practice.) Brenton was coaching her and Chad asked if he wanted to do it, boy did he light up! I didn't really consider him just because, well anyone that knows him knows that he is too easily distracted and I knew this was a major commitment. So that night he was in bed, and Chad and I were watching tv and Brenton kept yelling out his name and age. Long story short he definately got the part of a skunk. Brooklyn had to really fight for her part, a snobby aristocrat! What perfect parts for both of them! They both did awesome at show time, until Brooklyn didn't show up on stage for pictures because she was backstage puking from the aweful bug going around!

4 comments:

ab5cgang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ab5cgang said...

Jaycie you are doing great on your blog. Wish we would of went and watched. I am sure Cara would of loved it. Sorry Brooklyn got sick. Did Brenton love it?

Jaime said...

Oh how fun. I wish I could have seen the performance. They both look so cute & grown up in their costumes.

JulieK said...

Hi cousin Jaycie! It's been so many years since I've seen you. I love your blog and think it's so neat your kids like acting. It's fun to see them and learn more about their personalities. I hope you guys are all doing well.